I had an idea for a recipe today. I created it and here it is!
Fried Chicken and Corn Chowder
What you need:
1 LB skinless boneless chicken cubed
6 slices of bacon diced and fried crispy and drained(save the grease)
4 scallions diced
3 medium red potatoes diced
1 bag of frozen corn or any kind of corn you like1 carton of Swanson cream starter
1 carton of Swanson cream starter
2 T butter
seasoned flour for frying chicken
1 cup chicken stock (or veggie stock)
HOW TO DO IT
1. In a pan fry bacon crispy and remove from oil onto a paper plate to drain. Reserve the bacon grease and add a bit of cooking oil to make enough to fry the chicken cubes in.
2. Dredge the chicken in the flour and fry till golden brown. Drain on a paper plate or paper towels.
3. In a large high sided pan or stock pot, put the butter in and melt. Once melted add the potatoes and scallions. Gently saute together for 2 minutes then add the stock and lid the pan. Steam the potatoes till fork tender.
4. Add the corn and heat thoroughly.
5. After the corn is heated there should be liquid in the bottom of the pan. If not add about 1/2 to 3/4 cup more chicken broth and let it heat. Then add the entire box of Swanson cream starter. salt and pepper to taste. the taste should resemble peppered gravy.
6. Add in the bacon bits and chicken and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Serve with biscuits.
Oh man this was tasty.. it is indeed a chowder that will stick to your ribs. Even my hubby loved it and he isn’t even a soup fan. I hope you enjoy this recipe.